Airworthiness Working Group
FAEI Airworthiness Group
The FAEI Airworthiness group meets four or five times each year. Membership of the Group includes representatives from MROs, Operators, and Leasing companies.
The Group’s agenda tackles current issues across the broad spectrum of airworthiness and operations.
The primary aims are to ensure that Irish companies are well informed about developments in airworthiness regulation and that they are properly represented during industry consultation on airworthiness matters. The FAEI makes representations to the IAA, EASA and others as required.
The Group has a strong working relationship with the IAA, EASA, DAA, ASD, and other relevant bodies.
A typical agenda for a meeting of the Group would include:
1. New directions issued by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
2. New directions issued by the Irish Aviation Authority
3. Operational issues at the airports
4. European representations issues
5. Activities of the National Aerospace NDT Board
6. Representation at ASD (The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe)
Members of the Group hold positions on a number of important industry bodies including EASA’s Safety Standards Consultative Committee (SSCC) and various groups at ASD including the MRO Group, and the Research and Technology Commission.
Current Membership includes:
|Aer Arann||Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland|
|Aero Engines Ireland||Lufthansa Technik Turbine Shannon|
|Air Atlanta||Orix Aviation|
|Air Contractors||Parc Aviation|
|Babcock & Brown||Shannon Aerospace|
|Bank of America||SR Technics|
|CIT Aerospace||SR Technics Airfoil Services|