Finance and Leasing Working Group
FAEI Finance and Support Group
The FAEI Finance and Support Group meets as required when issues arise that affect this industry.
The Group also has a number of sub-groups that meet as required including the Engine Leasing Group and the Taxation Group.
These groups work on legal, tax, and technical asset management issues with various bodies including the IAA, The Revenue Commissioners, The Department of Environment and The EU Commission.
Recent and ongoing issues include:
· The Capetown Convention
· The Air Navigation (Eurocontrol) Act
· The EU Emission Trading Scheme for Aviation
· Bi-lateral tax treaties between Ireland and other states
· The tax status of Single Purpose Companies and other taxation matters
· PMA parts
· The ‘Finuas’ programme for supporting training in the sector
· OEM briefing sessions for the industry in Dublin (Airbus, GE)
The FAEI also bring together the industry a few times each year for informal receptions at IBEC’s offices on Baggot Street. These gatherings usually include a presentation from one of the member companies, giving their views on the marketplace and industry developments.
Current Membership includes:
|AerCap Aviation Solutions||CIT Aerospace|
|Airbus Financial Services||Engine Lease Finance Corporation|
|Amentum Capital Limited||GE Commercial Aviation Services Ltd|
|Apollo Aviation Limited||Lufthansa Technik Leasing|
|Bank of America Leasing Ireland Co Ltd||RBS|